Motorcycle racing at Virginia International Raceway (VIR).
The Danville Market affords automotive manufacturers and their suppliers with traditional advantages of low operational costs, worldwide distribution access and a positive labor environment. The Danville Region also provides some entirely unique regional advantages. For automotive manufacturers seeking to lower their bottom line, while increasing productivity, Danville has some answers:
- Cost of doing business in Danville is 87% as compared to the U.S.
- Cost of living is 88.1% as compared to the U.S.
- No local income tax
- No inventory tax.
- one of the highest productivity rates in Virginia
- Right-to-work labor environment
- Two state designated Enterprise Zones
- Virginia manufacturers have one of the lowest average workers’ compensation costs in the country. At $2.08 per $100 of payroll in January 2008, it ranks 3rd lowest nationally and is 47 percent lower than the U.S. average.
Danville is centrally located on the East Coast, just a day's shipping distance from two-thirds of the US population. The region offers a variety of site opportunities, from full service business industrial parks to enterprise zones offering competitive additional incentives.
Danville is home to the Virginia International Raceway (VIR) and is adjacent to the Martinsville Speedway, South Boston Speedway and Birch Creek Motorsports. The Motorsports community in Danville creates a unique synergy of sport, production, innovation and commerce. Crowds of spectators and race teams throng to the Virginia International Raceway on weekends. Automakers such as Mercedes, Porsche, Chevrolet and Nissan use the track's pastoral setting to unveil new models and shoot commercials, often before big crowds of the automotive trade press. And, in an unusual twist, security officials from the government of Colombia and American mercenaries preparing for deployment to the Persian Gulf, learn evasive-driving techniques at the track. New initiatives to further expand VIR's automotive resources and combine them with technology initiatives in Danville are constantly being explored. For the automotive community in Danville, VIR and the surrounding tracks are truly unique resources with world-class appeal!